Friday, February 16, 2007

California Here I Come

Antonio is in California. Though he's a Washingtonian at heart (like his mother and father), we knew sooner or later he would make a journey to Santa Monica to see where his father spends his weekdays.

So Debbie and her parents braved the pre-Presidents' Day airport crowd and flew down to LA for the long weekend. (Deb and Antonio are staying the rest of the week).
Antonio, who already has an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Number, flew First Class (thanks, free upgrades) and enjoyed all the amenities -- like plastic cups.
As nice as it was to see my family when I got home from work yesterday, it was even nicer to wake up this morning with my family here with me. We had a nice quality morning.
Then Antonio got to wear his warm weather clothes for the first time. Yeah, he wore an outfit I'm sure I have a (much) larger version of, but I thought the kid looked pretty darn good. Then he got to hang out in his baseball-themed room.
I'm sure there will be all sorts of adventures tomorrow as well. But even if we just sit around the house, it's nice to have the family here with me.

No comments: