Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy One Month Birthday, Antonio


So what did Daddy do for his son's first one month birthday? (Yes, I know one month birthdays really don't exist, but work with me here.) I went to Los Angeles.

Actually, I've been here two days now. I'll be back in Seattle tomorrow night. But this is the first two days I've spent away from my son. (If you don't count the Tucson trip, which for the sake of this argument, I'm not.)

Who knows how much he'll have changed by the time I get home. He could be laughing. Or smiling more. Or talking. Or doing long division. Who knows.

Or he could just be looking at himself in the mirror again, which is what he did today.


All I know is, this is the last time I'll ever be away from my son this long again. (If you don't count next week, when I'll be coming back down here, which for the sake of this argument, I'm not.)

No comments: