Monday, October 09, 2006

It's Been A While

Antonio is almost three weeks old now. (Still can't walk or talk; does that make him a slow learner? I still don't know much about these baby things.) In those three weeks, I've learned how to handle some of the baby duties with skill and ease. Other things, I'm not all that great at yet. So in case some of you were wondering how Antonio's father was stacking up, here's a handy list of things I'm pretty good at:

1. Diapers. I can change diapers with the best of them. I don't know where I gained this ability, but if Antonio needs a changing, I can get him clean in about 3 seconds with very little fuss.

2. Doing Laps. These don't always work to calm the little man down when he's fussy, but a few dozen (or hundred) laps around the upstairs have been known to quiet some of the cries. These are sometimes in connection with:

3. Singing. I do not have the best singing voice. I also do not have the worst singing voice. (Although I'm closer to the bottom than the top.) My knowledge of music is limited to Kenny Loggins (70s Kenny Loggins, not Danger Zone Kenny Loggins) and Michael McDonald (Not the 7th Heaven guest star/MadTV star but the ex-Doobie Brother/Steely Dan backup singer), so Antonio doesn't get the best songs sung to him, but he does know the words to Ya Mo Be There already. Most of the other times, I just sing the UW fight song, which brings me to:

4. Pac-10 Football Officiating. While I have no practical experience in this, I do think I could accurately make judgment calls about when to stop/start the play clock. (And no, I'm not bitter, because you've still got to get the play off, but there should have been at least four seconds on the clock.)

That's pretty much the extent of my skills. For most everything else, Antonio just likes his mommy.

Not that I blame him; I like her, too.

------------------------

Here's an assortment of pictures. Enjoy.

Actually, this is only one picture of Antonio and his cousins. I'm having problems uploading pictures, so I will do an update of just pictures later.

No comments: